Thursday 4 September 2014









Iron Hands Legion Sicaran

+++++++++++++++++++++

Paints used: Vallejo, Reaper Master Series, Games Workshop Washes, Com Art Medea Airbrush
Paint Brushes: Rosemary & Co. Raphael 8040, Broken Toad Brushes


My second Sicaran and boy does this kit keep giving. It's one of the easier kits to fit together but make sure you have some pretty heavy duty files to smooth out the resin injection at the end of the tracks. I used an Iwata HP High Line to put in the basic lines of highlighting. I used Com Art Medea Light Gray with progressively more white until I was using nearly pure white. I then used my favourite trick when painting black armour and gave the entire tank an airbush wash with Reaper Master Series Turquoise. I then reapplied the grey highlights for the final Airbrush stages. 

I used Pro Pigment weathering power Burnt Sienna to contrast with the blue tint in the armour. I also used Vallejo Liquid Gold Bronze for the weapon casings to give more visual interest to the piece. A few well placed Forge World Iron Hands accessory pieces and voila - A Sicaran Iron Hands battle tank ready to get destroyed at Istvaan. 

Myles

1 comment :

  1. Really nice job! I love the sicaran. One of my favorite 40k tanks. Your paint job does it justice!

    ReplyDelete